Benefits of spending time in nature
- Increased feelings of calmness
- Increased endorphin levels and dopamine production (promotes happiness)
- Restored capacity for concentration and attention
- Reduced symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Reduced irritability
- Lowered blood pressure and reduced cortisol (stress hormone)
- Reduced feelings of isolation
Good nutrition is essential in keeping current and future generations of Canadians healthy across their lifespan.
People with healthy eating patterns live longer and are at lower risk for serious health problems such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. For people with chronic diseases, healthy eating can help manage these conditions and prevent complications.
Your Health Span could match your Life Span